Tuesday 6 August 2013

the whirlwind whirls on

That trip to Gateshead and Stockton was *amazing*. Claire and I ran through our show, Recalibrate, for ARC Stockton's chief exec, Annabel Turpin. What a lovely human being! Sharp, perceptive, and quick in her responses - and such a kind, calm, patient audience! I swear, I think we felt more relaxed with Annabel there than on our own. She gave us some great advice to think about, and then started talking schedules.

Joy!!!

So be on the lookout for Recalibrate at ARC Stockton sometime in the spring, hopefully May-ish.

Of course it goes without saying that a few days working with Claire are always good for the soul. It should also go without saying that I was just across the river from the epicentre of all things festive. Sadly for my liver, we crossed the river... (Wow, is that a country song in the making, or what?) Which leads me to the moral of this blog post:

Never party with Geordies!

Or rather, party with them only when you can spare the inevitable damage to mind and body. I woke up very, very late the next morning, and found my toothbrush on the landing.

Can I just point out how remarkably unlike me that is? Ahem... But boy howdy, did I have a good time.

Then it was off to Barcelona for this year's conference of the International Federation of Theatre Researchers, where I found a fantastic home-away-from-home among the members of the Intermediality working group. Wow. Wow wow wow. I wasn't sure what to expect, and I was blown away by the depth and breadth of engagement with intermedial performance. So, so, so much to learn! But I also felt like I made a contribution. Best of all possible worlds.

Thus ends Jocelyn's Conference Tour 2013. But it's not over til the fat lady sings, and I'm off to Edinburgh in a week and a half to see shows at - and perform at - the Edinburgh Fringe! But that should get its own post.

No comments: